It is the responsibility of all users of the Ambassify services to read and understand this policy. This policy may be updated from time to time, in order to comply with legal and policy requirements.
This Acceptable Use Policy is intended to provide a framework for such use of the Ambassify resources. It should be interpreted such that it has the widest application and so as to include new and developing technologies and uses, which may not be explicitly referred to.
Employees of Ambassify and other users (staff, students, contractors and others) of the Ambassify facilities are bound by the provisions of its policies in addition to this Acceptable Use Policy.
- Ambassify Network or used tools may not be used directly or indirectly by a User for the download, creation, manipulation, transmission or storage of:
- any offensive, obscene or indecent images, data or other material, or any data capable of being resolved into obscene or indecent images or material;
- unlawful material or material that is defamatory, threatening, discriminatory, extremist or which has the potential to radicalise themselves or others;
- unsolicited “nuisance” emails;
- material which is subsequently used to facilitate harassment, bullying and/or victimisation of a Ambassify Users or a third party;
- material which promotes discrimination on the basis of race, gender, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation;
- material with the intent to defraud or which is likely to deceive a third party;
- material which advocates or promotes any unlawful act;
- material that infringes the intellectual property rights or privacy rights of a third party, or that is in breach of a legal duty owed to another party; or
- material that brings Ambassify into disrepute.
- The Ambassify Network must not be deliberately used by a User for activities having, or likely to have, any of the following characteristics:
- intentionally wasting staff effort or other Ambassify resources;
- corrupting, altering or destroying another User’s data without their consent;
- disrupting the work of other Users or the correct functioning of the Ambassify Network; or
- denying access to the Ambassify Network and its services to other users.
- Any breach of industry good practice that is likely to damage the reputation of the Ambassify will also be regarded prima facie as unacceptable use of the Ambassify Network.
- Where the Ambassify Network is being used to access another network, any abuse of the acceptable use policy of that network will be regarded as unacceptable use of the Ambassify Network.
- Users shall not:
- introduce data-interception, password-detecting or similar software or devices to the Ambassify Network;
- seek to gain unauthorised access to restricted areas of the Ambassify Network;
- access or try to access data where the user knows or ought to know that they should have no access;
- carry out any hacking activities; or
- intentionally or recklessly introduce any form of spyware, computer virus or other potentially malicious software.
Any employee found to have violated this policy MAY be subject to disciplinary action. This could include formal reprimands up to and including termination of employment.