IN THE COURSE OF PROVIDING THE SERVICE TO OUR CUSTOMERS, AMBASSIFY MAY PROCESS PERSONAL DATA ON CUSTOMER’S BEHALF. PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY TO UNDERSTAND OUR VIEWS AND PRACTICES REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND HOW WE WILL TREAT IT. IF, AND TO THE EXTENT, AMBASSIFY PROCESSES ANY PERSONAL DATA OF USERS ON THE CUSTOMER’S BEHALF WHEN RENDERING THE SERVICES, AMBASSIFY AND CUSTOMER RECORD THEIR INTENTION THAT, RELATING TO THE PROCESSING OF THE PERSONAL DATA OF THESE THIRD PARTIES, CUSTOMER SHALL BE THE DATA CONTROLLER AND AMBASSIFY SHALL BE A MERE DATA PROCESSOR.
- 1.1. Ambassify: Ambassify NV with enterprise number 0830.870.128 and registered office at Tervantstraat 2b, 3583 Beringen, Belgium.
- 1.2 User(s): means a person or company who accesses or uses the Website, the Applications or the Services, not including the Customer.
- 1.3. Customer: professional user or company who pays for using the Ambassify Website, Service(s) or Applications.
- 1.4. Service(s): Ambassify provides Customer with a platform that gives Users a chance to promote, become involved in campaigns and encourage the development of the brand of Customer. Additionally, and if agreed upon in writing, Ambassify may provide services of customization and integration with third party software, technical support and maintenance services relating to the platform.
- 1.5. Website: The Website through which Ambassify offers its services online, currently https://www.ambassify.com and https://my.ambassify.com or any successor or URL indicated by Ambassify from time to time.
- 1.6. Applications: means the functionalities provided through the Website, or any other means (including downloadable Apps, Plug-ins or any other code or functionality made available by Ambassify in any way whatsoever).
- 1.7. Personal Data: any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
- 2.1. In order to provide the Service, Ambassify processes Personal Data received from the Customer, this includes Personal Data of the User. The following Personal Data may be processed:
- 2.1.1. Information that the User provides by filling in forms on the Website or Application;
- 2.1.2. Information provided at the time of registering to use the Website or Application, subscribing to the Ambassify Service, posting material or requesting further Services or information;
- 2.1.3. Communication and correspondence with the User and User contact details;
- 2.1.4. Information that User uploads to, or chooses to share, by using the Services including profile information, User interests, likes and dislikes or any other personal information in data that User uploads;
- 2.1.5. Information provided by the User by completing surveys of Customer on the Website or Applications;
- 2.1.6. Details of User visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data and the resources that User accesses.
- 2.2. If information is provided by a User via a form, the fields indicated with a (*) strictly are necessary for the purposes for which they are processed. If these are not filled in, the submission of the form will not be followed.
3. IP addresses and cookies
- 3.1. Ambassify may collect information about Users computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregated information to Customer. This is statistical data about Users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
- 3.2. For the same reason, Ambassify may obtain information about Users general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of Users computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to Users computer’s hard drive. They help Ambassify to improve the Website and to deliver a better and personalised Service.
- 4.1. Ambassify processes Personal Data on the instructions of Customer. Therefor Customer shall ensure that it is entitled to transfer the relevant Personal Data to Ambassify, so that Ambassify may lawfully use, process, store and transfer the Personal Data for the purposes of rendering the Services.
- 4.2. Ambassify processes Personal Data to carry out the agreement between Ambassify and Customer and to provide the Service. The Personal Data are used to:
- 4.2.1. Execute and offer the Services;
- 4.2.2. Ensure any content is presented in the most effective manner for the User and User’s hardware;
- 4.2.3. Provide User with information, products or services that User requests from Customer;
- 4.2.4. Allow User to make use of the Service and participate in the features thereof;
- 4.2.5. Allow User to carry out transactions with third party websites;
- 4.2.6. Manage the requests for information;
- 4.2.7. Improve the operation of the Website, the Applications and the Service;
- 4.2.8. Perform account administration;
- 4.2.9. Comply with applicable law;
- 4.2.10. Notify User on the changes to the Service.
- 4.3. If the processing is based on the User’s consent, User has the right to withdraw the consent at any time, without this affecting the legality of the processing on the basis of the permission before its withdrawal. For such withdrawal, User should contact the relevant Customer, on who’s instructions Ambassify may act.
- 4.4. Improving the operation of Ambassify is to the benefit of the Users, there is no harm to the rights and interests of involved Users.
5. Disclosure of your information
- 5.1. Ambassify supports Customer to collect data from its Websites, Applications and Services. Ambassify does not sell or rent the Personal Data to third parties.
- 5.2. Within Ambassify, Personal Data are only made available to its staff on a need-to-know basis.
- 5.3. Ambassify may use sub-processors to process Personal Data of the User.
- 5.5. Ambassify can change its corporate structure by changing its legal form, merger, acquisitions and sales. In such transactions, Personal Data may be transmitted in accordance with this Privacy Statement and the applicable data protection legislation.
6. Storage and retention of Personal Data
- 6.1. The Personal Data that Ambassify collects from User is stored on information technology systems located in the European Economic Area which are operated by Ambassify. Some data processing in relation to web and email services is carried out on Ambassify’s behalf by a sub-processor.
- 6.2. All information User provides to us is stored on our secure servers.
- 6.3. Although Ambassify gives is best effort in protecting User’s Personal Data, Ambassify cannot guarantee the total security of Personal Data and any transmission is at User’s risk.
- 6.4. Ambassify takes appropriate technical and organisational measures to prevent unauthorised access to the Personal Data received.
- 6.5. Upon instructions of the Customer and at the end of the Service, Ambassify will delete all Personal Data.
7. Aggregated statistics
- 7.1. Ambassify may collect statistics about the behaviour of visitors and Users of the Website. For instance, Ambassify may monitor amongst others the most popular parts of a site, the most viewed video content or the most read articles.
- 7.2. Ambassify may display this information publicly or provide its Customers or third parties. However, these data are ammonized and therefore not considered Personal Data.
8. User rights
- 8.1. Users have the right to request to review, rectify or erase Personal Data or to limit the processing of their Personal Data, as well as the right to objection to processing of the Personal Data and the right to request data transferability.
- 8.2. All these requests should be addressed to the relevant Customer, on who’s instructions Ambassify will act.
- 8.3. The Website may contain links to and from the websites of Ambassify’s Customer’s or third parties. If User follows a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that Ambassify does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Data to these websites.